King House is an important classical townhouse that represents the period of Irish history known as the Ascendancy.
This grand Georgian mansion was built in 1720 by Sir Henry King as a reflection of the wealth, power and status of the King Family. The house spans four floors and original architectural elements have been sensitively restored throughout this once grand home.
The splendid Main Salon on the first floor is the most elegant of rooms, with double height ceiling, highly decorated cornicing, twin fireplaces and tripartite windows. The Long Gallery has the original majestic front door and fine stone tiled floor.